Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ignored Beauty

In that fine wet morning when I saw you my ‘sun’,
It reflects the same brightness I ignored once,
Because today your mood is like I was once,
Peeping out with a sense of protection
And spreading the light of life considering how rare it has become.

I need you my ‘sun’ even at blind nights,
No one on earth can give me this delight,
I love you for being there in this false city,
Now I can console my life,
Yes all is not lost, still something’s are alive.

Though this moment is momentary,
This golden sight will disappear,
Oh wait don’t go!! Let me capture you my ‘sun’
With the blink of my eyes
And imprison you forever in here.

Staring in my hands reminds me that I belong here,
My path is defined and I have to look there
No matter what I bear,
But I cannot ignore you my ‘sun’ like others,
Even if my life is at stake and death, it wears.

Is this the ‘power of beauty’?
Powerful it is, enough to kill.
Passionate, tempting and magnetic... But is it real?
Will this sort of death makes life worth living?
Will this love of beauty finally rest me in peace?

Can this beauty rescue mankind from its fears?
Is this what our past could not look?
Is this beauty from our present has disappeared?
Is this what our future will always lack and has doomed never to hear?
Is it so then I am lucky enough to know ‘the hidden beauty’ just revealed.

Oh my ‘sun’, what have you revealed to me?
I am nowhere around where I was when I didn’t see you,
Still on the same path, still same things to bear,
Still as rational as I was, as pragmatic as one cannot,
But now the difference is the sense of a complete self
Born out of your incomplete vision of yours

Yes this is the answer you have given to me my ‘sun’,
That without beauty man is an incomplete self
Throughout his life, till his death,
And that’s what I pity and regret
That human mind has failed to detect
The eternal bliss in you, in others and in himself…

5 comments:

Suyash Deep Rai said...

:-( I didn't understand this Post.

?

IIBIR said...

Suyash.. i write this poem when i was driving towards my college at peak hours in Delhi's inner ring road.. So i hope u can imagine the traffic jamm at 9am in morning.. fortunately that was a rainy day.. while driving my eyes turned towards sun which was half visible and half shadowed in clouds.. even the visible sun wasn't so bright dat cud harm ur eyes.. now can u make out anythng??

Suyash Deep Rai said...

Oh....Thta's the sign of a great writer. They always find out some reason to write in any situatoion..
Keep writing such beautiful words.

Appriciations ..

Suyash

IIBIR said...

thanks suyash.. hope u hv understood now..

Suyash Deep Rai said...

yup... Tried a lot...and finally i understood...!