Monday, January 11, 2010

Inspired by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s poem “To the Memory of My Family- My Mother”

To the Memory of My Faith
My God


Sea of all cosmos, golden world, unconscious precious faith,
Faiths from in-numerous streets, all merge into one,
My God!
Your presence comes to me like heaven’s delight.
I remember the days of my being’s intrinsic dilemmas and toils-
Need modified thoughts, before one can rise,
Craving to learn both from evil and wise.
Again need to modify ‘the self’ in the school of life.
Hills blocking the road towards the aim,
But the temples on them recollect the energies lost,
With every hour ‘I rise’ towards the school of life.
Failures not apart but motivated alike.
All this pain of a young heart,
My Lord you modify the body into a pious soul
That kneels and bow infinite times
For that eternal perfection only, My God!
Your strong love is your children’s strength,
You always showed and showed the path against fear.
I still remember the day I was lost,
Sleeping with deep ignorance to envy that eternal strength,
Almost surrounded by full moon night’s illusions
And my longing, pain, suffering you knew God,
My Lord!
When at nights no one was there, My Lord!
You’re that transcendental warm presence
That sweeps every single tear,
Only a drop of this sense of your oceanic grace
Made me fearless, complete and safe!
Why have you given me birth and parted me from you?
Today is the judgment day for me as I know you My Lord!
My God!

No comments: